We’ve been preparing for harvest lately by getting equipment and grain storage ready for work. There’s a good chance we will try to get in some fields this coming week! Here’s what we’ve been up to.
You might remember we bought this 4630 at auction a few weeks ago. We’ve been mowing roadsides with it and the right wheel kept wanting to come off. Probably ought to fix that.
Beats taking that big wheel and tire off by hand. There are two half round wedges that hold the wheel to the axle. We put new wedges and bolts on all around. Seems to have worked so far.
Might as well clean up and paint behind the wheel while you’ve got room! We also painted the back side of the wheel while it was off.
The dryer is cleaned out, closed up, and ready for corn. I’ll have a post later that details how we clean out grain bins.
I serviced my truck at 250,000 miles. It’s ready for harvest now too.
Some welding was needed to make sure the pipe coming in to bin 2 was secure on the mounting points.
Under one of the semi trucks greasing from front to back.
Both semis got an oil change this week.
I’ve got one toolbox of parts and full of tools secured on the combine. It’s ready to go!
It’s been raining. Rain is starting become a normal thing again.