It’s been a short farm work week with Christmas, but we still had a lot going on. Take a look to see what we’ve been up to this week!
Dad checked on our soybean bin and found some rotting beans inside. It’s possible we didn’t aerate them enough in the fall, or got some bad beans in there somehow at harvest. We loaded out a truckload to “core” the bin, and you can see these beans aren’t very uniform and some are off-color. They stunk too. After a while the quality improved. Oddly enough, we didn’t get docked for anything at the elevator and moisture was right on at 13%.
Here’s a shot of those soybeans being loaded.
The 4630 has some of the rear end taken apart to replace a shaft, some bushings, and leaky seals. While the drawbar hitch and 3 point hitch are off and in pieces we’ll get them all painted up nicely!
Earlier this year I painted both front wheels on the 4630 while they were off the tractor. I also painted one rear wheel while it was off. This wheel was never removed, so I painted the inside while the hitch was out of the way.
To finish the week, I serviced Dad’s truck this morning. Oil change, greased the front end, added some coolant, filled the washer fluid, and checked the air in the tires.